Monday, October 30, 2006

Does Race Matter To You?



These pics are totally for illustrative purposes =)

As I was introduced to N’s friends, I realized that two of them were a couple. One was a pretty good looking aussie guy, the other guy was kinda not that good looking and of a different race, if I was being mean, he looked like an older perverted looking guy. I know I shouldn’t be that judgemental but I just couldn’t help it so I asked my friend why that good looking guy would be with the other guy. N told me his friend liked much older guys of a different race. When we were at the club, his good looking friend got quite a lot of attention from people around, but his eyes were only for his boyfriend as they kissed and danced away. That made me ponder, “Do all gays go for looks? Do they all go for the stereotyped hot, great muscular body and handsome faces?” I thought all gays are as superficial as me but I was wrong. Personality definitely played a big part in this case. Maybe the other guy was a really nice guy. Whatever it is, I do envy them.

Having Asian Chinese mixed origins, I don’t often get many hot aussie guys I desire for. Many of them message me saying they think im hot and my pictures are great. Most of the time I reply them telling them im Asian and asked if they mind, so that both parties wont be led on. Some of them reply saying sorry that’s not their cup of tea. Some of them were surprisingly nice and said it doesn’t matter to them at all. Does race really matter when you get to know someone even for friendship or sex? It definitely does from what I see.

Before I was in Australia, I was living in Asia and I totally dig Asian guys and didn’t even look at Caucasian guys. My impression of Caucasian guys was based on what one of my friends told me. He was mixed and really hot among Caucasians. They treated him like a queen. And my friend loved to be shagged by Caucasian men. He was telling me his wallet, watch and even mobile were given to him as presents by Caucasian men. He told me they were generous and they were like his sugar daddy. So when I was approached by one of his Caucasian friends who seemed really interested to take me back to my hotel, I was tempted but skeptical. In the end, I decided not to. Well main reason was because I didn’t want my friends to look at me differently and furthermore he wasn’t my type. If that situation were to happen to me now , I really wonder what I would do. Anyway, all that impression and stereotypes I had about Caucasians were totally wrong when I got to know them better.

When I came to Australia, liking Caucasian men eventually became my thing. It was kind of gradual but it all hit me this year. Hot aussie guys, aussie guys on telly, aussie guys on adverts, aussie guys all around. I just fell in love with them. I suddenly stopped looking at asian guys so much. Friends started calling me a “potato” lover. But liking Aussies aint easy because I am of a different race. Its sad but true. It just had to do with their preferences. Just like when I was back home, everyone was asian, why would I like someone who was of a different race? I would definitely prefer someone whos pretty much similar to me (back then). I guess that applies to the aussies as well. Why would they want to be with Asians when they can happily settle down with someone who’s similar to them?

I think its all about embracing diversity. I suddenly realized that I like having someone different beside me. It’s just like some aussies here who only go for asian guys. They just prefer someone of a different skin tone or perhaps someone who’s more submissive as what Asians are typically stereotyped as. That’s so not true by the way. Anyway, for those people who really don’t care about race and treats everyone equally, good on you.

So for those people who have been reading my blog, thinking im some hot aussie, sorry to disappoint you guys. I would love to be an aussie anytime but im not. And im loving my mixed heritage of being half Chinese and British though I look and talk more like a Asian Chinese. So at the end of the day, for me, as long as you look deliciously hot, I wouldn’t mind your race. But having an Aussie boyfriend has always been a dream and I wouldn’t mind it coming true =)

PS: If you do have any hot single Aussie friends who are cool with a pretty hot Asian mixed guy, tell me immediately… lol. And don’t stop reading my blog guys just because ive revealed my race!

I think I have been searching too desperately. I guess if I don’t expect so much, things might just happen. Ah well, that’s life.

5 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Single Guy said...

I think that as gay men we sometimes are too quick to judge and judget guys completely on their looks. We miss out on more important things...like emotions, intelligence and feelings.

I hate to use the term "My type" cause in reality, I find guys attractive outside of my type. My current boyfriend is very sexy and attractive but he would not fall under "my type." Everyone sees attraction in different things hence if you see a couple and wonder why they are together..maybe it is because they have great talks!

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interacial Love has no boundaries just like a couple with the same origins, if it was meant to be, & two are attracted to one another by way of physical & emotional appeal then I say GO FOR IT!(Not so single put up a good approach!)

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Bunsguy said...

Not so single guy your comment is so true! I was attracted to my ex boyfriend not because he was "my type" but he was nice and sweet to me and we could get along well then.

I guess i was too judgemental, sometimes you just gotta look through the surface of people and get to know them better!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger RRP said...

as an asian man myself, i have to admit that i was once guilty of thinking that our own was a less desirable race when it came to relationship or sex - i've always often fancied caucasians/anglos.

but of course, i came to my senses. nothing like a hot, tight, cute asian boy with that sexy black hair. loving your own.

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Tina Charlton said...

This link to another Blogger account, in the U.S., is a real mind blower.
A very F'ed up condominium building that possibly needs good sex to help
it.

http://wwwttco-yo.blogspot.com

Enjoy !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home